Lemon-Herb Chicken Log
Makes 2 (8-inch) logs
Write a review
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese, softened
- 2 (5-ounce) cans chicken breast meat in water, drained
- 1 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- On a baking sheet, toss together pecans, butter, and 1 teaspoon seasoned salt; arrange in a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and goat cheese with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add chicken, all remaining ingredients, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, and beat until well combined.
- Spoon mixture on a sheet of wax paper, and divide in half. Shape each half into an 8-inch-long log. Roll logs in pecan mixture until well coated. Wrap logs separately in plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/