Prep, bake, and serve supper in less than an hour with this Lemon Herb Chicken and Vegetables sheet pan dinner.
Lemon Herb Chicken and Vegetables
Makes 4 servings
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 2 yellow squash, cut into pieces
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, thickly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In the container of a blender, process together parsley, ¼ cup olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper until smooth.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss together asparagus, squash, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper; arrange in a single layer. Place chicken on vegetables, and pour parsley sauce onto chicken and vegetables. Top with lemon slices.
- Bake until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of chicken registers 165°, about 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Kitchen Tip: Make the parsley sauce and marinate the chicken in it up to a day ahead. When you’re ready to eat, just top the veggies with the chicken and bake as directed.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!