Makes 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsulfured molasses
- 4 large eggs
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 (8-ounce) containers frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 (10-ounce) jars lemon curd
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- Garnish: sugared rosemary sprigs
- To prepare cake: Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sour cream, and sugar at medium speed with a mixer until fluffy. Add molasses, beating until combined. Add eggs, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and next 3 ingredients. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until combined. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely in pan. Cut cake into 1 1/2-inch cubes.
- To prepare filling: In a large bowl, beat whipped topping and lemon curd with a mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- To assemble: In a trifle bowl, place one-third of cake cubes. Top with one-third of lemon curd mixture, and sprinkle with one-third of cranberries. Repeat layers twice. Garnish with sugared rosemary, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/