Lemon-Garlic Snap Peas and Carrots
Serves: 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Garnish: lemon zest strips, crushed red pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots, salt, and black pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add peas and garlic; cook until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in lemon zest and juice. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Garnish with zest and red pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!