This Lemon Chess Tart is a scrumptious take on the classic Southern pie. Garnish this sweet treat with whipped cream and your favorite fruit!
Lemon Chess Tart
Makes 1 (10-inch) deep-dish tart
Write a review
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar, sweetened whipped cream, sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- For crust: In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse together flour, sugar, and salt. Add butter and egg yolk, and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 10-inch deep-dish removable-bottom tart pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- For filling: In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, cornmeal, and flour. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Whisk in melted butter, milk, and lemon zest and juice. Pour mixture into prepared crust.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until center is set, covering with aluminum foil to prevent excess browning, if necessary. Let cool for at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with confectioners’ sugar, whipped cream, and strawberries, if desired. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!