Fresh thyme, lemon zest, garlic, broccoli, red cabbage, kale, red onion, tomatoes, and buttermilk dressing
create an impressive Layered Cornbread Salad.
Layered Cornbread Salad
Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup whole buttermilk
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1½ teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ pound chopped broccoli florets
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- ½ pound shredded kale (about 4 cups)
- 1 (8.5-ounce) box corn muffin mix, baked according to package directions and cubed or crumbled
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- For dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, buttermilk, thyme, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, and pepper until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- For salad: In a large bowl, layer broccoli, cabbage, kale, and cornbread as desired. Top with half of dressing, onion, and tomatoes. Serve with remaining dressing.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!