Chill out with a slice of this cool and creamy Key Lime Slab Pie.
Key Lime Slab Pie
Makes 1 (15x10-inch) pie
- 2¾ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Key lime zest
- 1½ cups fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 (8-ounce) containers frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Garnish: lime slices
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, stir together cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until well combined. Firmly press mixture into bottom and up sides of a rimmed 15x10-inch baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk together condensed milk, eggs, lime zest and juice, vanilla, and salt until combined; let mixture stand for 10 minutes (mixture will begin to thicken). Spread into prepared crust.
- Bake until just set, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Loosely cover, and refrigerate until cold before serving, at least 4 hours, or up to 3 days. Just before serving, spread with whipped topping, and garnish with lime, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!