This Key lime pie is so quick and easy. You can use a ready-made graham cracker crust to speed up the process, but the vanilla wafers with the brown sugar taste great.
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup Key lime juice
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Garnish: whipped cream, lime slices
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, stir together wafer crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a large bowl, whisk together condensed milk and remaining 4 ingredients until well combined. Pour mixture into prepared crust.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center of pie is set. Let cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or for up to 4 days. Garnish with whipped cream and lime, if desired.
Get more great traditional Southern recipes and more by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!