Key Lime Ice Cream
Makes 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/4 cups Key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Key lime zest
- 1 quart half-and-half
- In a large bowl, beat cream at medium speed with a mixer until slightly thickened. Gradually add sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Add condensed milk, and beat until stiff peaks form. Beat in lime juice, lime zest, and half-and-half.
- Pour mixture into container of an electric ice cream freezer, and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Ice cream will be soft. If a firmer texture is desired, transfer ice cream to an airtight container, and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/