Kentucky Eggnog is a festive beverage that will please any holiday guests with an appreciation of bourbon and nutmeg.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup bourbon*
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- Garnish: grated fresh nutmeg
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks and ⅓ cup sugar with a mixer at medium speed until well combined. Slowly add bourbon, beating until smooth.
- In another large bowl, beat egg whites with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add ⅓ cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture.
- In a third large bowl, beat cream with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form; gradually add remaining ⅓ cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream into egg mixture; stir in milk. Serve immediately at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate until cold. Garnish with nutmeg, if desired.
- Consuming raw eggs poses a risk of salmonella, which is greater for the very young, the elderly, pregnant women, and those with weakened immune systems. Pasturized raw eggs can be used to avoid this risk.
- *We used Maker’s Mark Kentucky Bourbon Whisky.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/