If you don’t have corn stick pans, you can bake the batter in an 8- to 10-inch cast-iron skillet.
Jalapeño-Cheddar Corn Sticks
Makes about 12
Write a review
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeño peppers, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place 2 (6-well) corn stick pans in oven while preheating.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cornmeal and next 4 ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk and egg. Stir buttermilk mixture into cornmeal mixture just until combined; stir in cheese and peppers.
- Remove hot pans from oven, and spray with butter-flavored cooking spray. Pour batter into pans.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes; serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/