This Italian Sausage & Tortellini Soup is a pleasant mixture of fire roasted tomatoes, garlic, zucchini, carrot, sweet Italian sausage, and cheese tortellini.
Italian Sausage and Tortellini Soup
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen vegetable seasoning blend*
- 2 (32-ounce) cartons beef broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes with garlic
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- In a large Dutch oven, cook sausage and vegetable blend over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage is browned and crumbly; drain. Add broth and next 4 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Add tortellini, and cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
*We used Pictsweet Seasoning Blend.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!