Italian Corn Casserole
Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil and oregano, drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can shoepeg white corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Asiago cheese
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup crushed buttery round crackers
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Garnish: diced bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 1½-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In bottom of prepared pan, sprinkle ½ cup bread crumbs.
- In a large bowl, stir together whole kernel corn, next 10 ingredients, and remaining ½ cup bread crumbs. Spoon into prepared pan. Top with crushed crackers, and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Garnish with bell pepper, if desired.
You can use 3 cups fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels in place of canned if you like.
Click here for 12 more southern casserole recipes from Paula Deen.