Irish Cream Cake
Makes 1 (9-inch) cake
Write a review
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box white cake mix with pudding
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 (6-ounce) packages slivered almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- For batter: In a large bowl, stir together 1 cup water and instant coffee until dissolved. Add cake mix, eggs, and oil, and beat with a mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
- For frosting: In a small bowl, stir together liqueur and instant coffee. In a large bowl, beat butter with a mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add liqueur mixture, and beat until combined. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Spread frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake; gently press almonds onto sides of cake. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/