Share some comfort by serving this Kentucky Hot Brown Casserole.
Hot Brown Casserole
makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 8 slices white sandwich bread, cubed and toasted
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cooked cubed ham
- 1 pound cooked turkey, cubed
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 (16-ounce) package processed cheese, cubed
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) package bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place toasted bread evenly over bottom of prepared baking dish. Layer ham and turkey evenly over bread.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth; cook for 2 minutes, whisking constantly. Gradually whisk in milk; cook for 3 to 4 minutes, whisking constantly, or until thickened. Add cheeses, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Pour over turkey. Sprinkle evenly with bacon and tomato. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!