These scrumptious Honey Yeast Rolls are soft, buttery, and addictively good.
Honey Yeast Rolls
Write a review
- 1 cup warm milk (105° to 110°)
- 2 (¼-ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- ¹⁄³ cup honey
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 7 cups bread flour
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, yeast, and sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes or until mixture is foamy.
- In the work bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, combine yeast mixture, melted butter and next 3 ingredients. Gradually add flour, and beat at medium speed until a smooth, elastic dough forms (dough will be sticky).
- Spray a large bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Shape dough into a ball, and place in bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let stand in a warm, draft-free place (85°) for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Spray 24 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough to an 18x5-inch rectangle. Cut dough lengthwise into 5 strips. Stack strips on top of each other. Using a sharp knife, cut stack crosswise into 12 (1½-inch) slices. Place slices in muffin cups, cut side up. Repeat procedure with remaining dough. Cover and let stand in a warm, draft-free place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes; serve warm.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/