Topped with yummy graham crackers and roasted peanuts, Honey Pudding is a delightful dessert in any season.
Serves: about 2½ cups
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup honey
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crushed honey graham crackers
- Chopped honey-roasted peanuts
- Garnish: fresh mint
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, whisk together milk, honey, egg yolks, and cornstarch. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly, and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat, and whisk in vanilla.
- Pour mixture into a medium bowl, and cover with plastic wrap, pressing wrap onto surface of custard to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until thickened and cold, about 2 hours. Sprinkle servings with crushed crackers and chopped peanuts. Garnish with mint, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!