This homestyle apple pie should be at the top of your must-make list this Thanksgiving.
Homestyle Apple Pie
Makes 1 (9-inch) deep-dish pie
Write a review
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie crust
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 pie crust into a 12-inch circle. Fit crust into a
- 9-inch deep-dish pie plate according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Add apples, tossing gently to coat. Spoon mixture into prepared crust.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out remaining pie crust. Using a pastry wheel or knife, cut into ½-inch-wide strips. Arrange strips in a lattice design over apple mixture. Trim pastry strips even with pie edge. Press edges of crust together. Fold edges under, and crimp. Brush crust with cream, and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon granulated sugar. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack, and cool at least 30 minutes before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/