This Holiday Cola Ham is full of rich flavor from brown sugar, Dijon mustard, and cloves.
Holiday Cola Ham
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 6 cups cola (not diet)
- 1 (6- to 8-pound) cooked bone-in ham
- 48 whole cloves
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup bourbon
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Garnish: fresh sage, fresh grapes
- In large saucepan, bring cola to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and cook until cola reduces to 2 cups, about 45 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Remove skin from ham, and trim fat to ¼-inch thickness. Score fat in a diamond pattern about ¾ inch wide. Insert cloves in center of diamonds. Place ham in prepared pan. Stir brown sugar, bourbon, and mustard into reduced cola; spoon mixture all over ham.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 2½ hours, basting with pan juices every 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and let stand for 20 minutes before slicing, basting occasionally with pan juices. Garnish with sage and grapes, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!