These Herbed Parker House Rolls are a tasty delight with a generous coating of fresh herb garlic butter.
Herbed Parker House Rolls
Makes 2 dozen
- ½ cup warm water (105° to 110°)
- 1 (¼-ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1½ cups whole buttermilk
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 5 cups bread flour
- Herbed Garlic Butter (recipe follows)
- In a small bowl, stir together ½ cup warm water, yeast, and sugar; let stand for 5 minutes or until foamy.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, beat buttermilk, melted butter, honey, and salt at medium-low speed until combined. Add yeast mixture, beating until combined. Gradually add flour, beating until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray. Add dough, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place (85°) for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and cut dough in half. Roll each half into a 12x8-inch rectangle. Cut each rectangle in half lengthwise to make 4 (12x4-inch) rectangles. Cut each rectangle vertically into 2-inch-wide strips; you should have 24 (4x2-inch) pieces of dough. Brush dough pieces with Herbed Garlic Butter. Fold each dough piece in half so short sides touch each other, and place dough pieces in prepared pan. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place (85°) for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes, then brush with Herbed Garlic Butter; serve warm.
Herbed Garlic Butter
Makes about 1 cup
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- In a small saucepan, melt butter with all remaining ingredients over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
Kitchen Tip: Rolls can be baked 1 day ahead. Reheat them in a 300° oven, and brush with Herbed Garlic Butter just before serving.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!