This Herbed Bacon and Hash Brown Casserole is perfect for weekend brunch with your family and friends.
Herbed Bacon and Hash Brown Casserole
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 1 (16-ounce) package bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 (32-ounce) packages frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8-ounce) package sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain. Pour off drippings, and wipe skillet clean.
- In same skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, stir together cooked vegetables, potatoes, next 4 ingredients, 2 tablespoons parsley, and next 3 ingredients. In a medium bowl, reserve ½ cup cooked bacon. Stir remaining bacon into potato mixture. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Stir together Gouda, bread crumbs, remaining 1 tablespoon parsley, and reserved bacon. Uncover casserole, sprinkle with bacon mixture, and bake 30 minutes more or until hot and bubbly.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/