Butter, buttermilk, fresh parsley, and dill give these mouthwatering Herb Whipped Potatoes creamy texture and lots of flavor.
Herb Whipped Potatoes
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 5 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt, divided
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1½ cups whole buttermilk, heated
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- In a large Dutch oven, bring potatoes, 2 tablespoons salt, and water to cover to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain well, and return potatoes to pot. Cook, stirring frequently, over low heat for 5 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat potatoes, butter, pepper, and remaining 1 tablespoon salt at low speed until combined, about 1 minute. Gradually add buttermilk, beating until potatoes are smooth, about 1 minute, stopping to scrape bowl. Beat in parsley and dill until combined. Serve with additional butter and pepper, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!