Herb Garlic Bread is always a delicious crowd-pleaser when served for Sunday supper.
Herb Garlic Bread
Serves: 10 to 12
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ bunch fresh parsley
- 1½ teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 1½ teaspoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1½ teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 French bread loaves
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small saucepan, cook oil and garlic over medium-low heat until garlic is soft and golden, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove garlic, and let drain on paper towels. Reserve oil for another use.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse together garlic, parsley, rosemary, oregano, and thyme 4 times. Add butter, vinegar, and salt; pulse until well combined.
- Slice baguettes crosswise, avoiding slicing through bottom of bread. Spread about 2 teaspoons butter between each bread slice.
- Bake until butter is melted and bread is golden, about 10 minutes. Brush any remaining butter onto hot bread. Serve immediately.
Use cooled garlic oil for making salad dressings or for sautéing vegetables.