This gorgeous Heirloom Tomato and Goat Cheese Tart uses a mixture of colorful tomatoes to make an easy and impressive side dish.
Heirloom Tomato and Goat Cheese Tart
Serves: 1 (11-inch) tart
- ½ (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4-ounce) package plus ⅓ cup goat cheese, softened and divided
- 1½ pounds assorted heirloom tomatoes, sliced about ¼ inch thick
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll piecrust onto a lightly floured surface, and roll to a ⅛-inch thickness. Press into bottom and up sides of an 11x8-inch removable-bottom tart pan, trimming excess. Prick with a fork, and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Let cool; leave oven on.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and 4 ounces goat cheese with a mixer at medium-high speed until smooth and creamy. Spread into bottom of tart shell. Top with tomatoes, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Crumble remaining ⅓ cup goat cheese onto tomatoes.
- Bake until cheese is lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Garnish with oregano, if desired. Cut into squares; serve immediately.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!