Heirloom Tomato and Artichoke Salad
Makes 6 servings
Write a review
- 2 red bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 (9-ounce) packages frozen artichoke hearts, cooked according to package directions
- 1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (5-ounce) bag fresh arugula
- Position oven rack to highest level, and preheat to broil. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Halve peppers lengthwise, discarding stems, seeds, and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on prepared pan. Broil for 5 minutes or until skin is evenly blackened (watch peppers carefully during cooking time). Place peppers in a bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Let stand for 15 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Peel peppers, discarding skins. Coarsely chop peppers, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar and next 5 ingredients. Add artichokes, tomatoes, arugula, and chopped bell peppers; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
- Skip step 1 entirely by using 2 jarred roasted red peppers.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/