This Harvest Salad with Sweet Dijon Vinaigrette is a delicious light addition to any autumn meal.
Harvest Salad with Sweet Dijon Vinaigrette
- Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 2 (5-ounce) containers baby romaine lettuce
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 cup toasted pecan halves
- ½ cup dried cranberries Sweet Dijon Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 1. In a serving bowl, combine lettuce, apple, pecan halves, and dried cranberries. Add desired amount of Sweet Dijon Vinaigrette, tossing gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Sweet Dijon Vinaigrette
Makes about 1½ cups
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- ¾ cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and cool.
- Add oil and Dijon mustard, whisking until combined. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!