This Harvest Casserole is chock-full of seasonal fall produce and features a sweet, crumbly topping.
- 11/2 cups firmly packed lightly brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 cups (1/4-inch) diced peeled sweet potatoes (about 2 large sweet potatoes)
- 5 cups chopped Granny Smith apples (about 3 medium apples)
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- ¼ cup butter, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl, whisk together ½ cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt. Stir in sweet potatoes, apples, and cranberries until well coated. Pour mixture into a 13x9-inch baking dish, and dot with butter pieces.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oats, flour, remaining 1 cup brown sugar, and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Stir in melted butter until well combined; sprinkle onto casserole. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes more. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Click here for 12 more southern casserole recipes from Paula Deen.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!