Makes 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10¾-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1 (12-ounce) package wide egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- Garnish: sour cream, chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook ground chuck, mushrooms, onion, and garlic over medium-high heat until beef is browned and crumbly; drain. Stir in flour, and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Stir sour cream and horseradish into beef mixture; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve over egg noodles, and garnish with sour cream and parsley, if desired.
- The beef-and-sauce mixture can be prepared and frozen for up to 1 month. Let it thaw overnight in refrigerator before reheating and serving as directed.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/