Serve these Ham and Mozzarella Mummies to your kids before they go trick-or-treating.
Ham and Mozzarella Mummies
Makes 12 mummies
Write a review
- 1 (12-ounce) package string cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) package deli-sliced ham
- ½ (16-ounce) package frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- ½ cup butter, melted Diced pimientos
- Preheat oven to 350 ̊. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Wrap each string cheese stick in 2 slices of ham, being sure to secure ends.
- On a clean, flat surface, unroll phyllo dough. Brush 1 sheet phyllo evenly with melted butter. Top with a second sheet of phyllo, brushing evenly with butter. Roll prepared cheese in buttered phyllo sheets, being sure to secure tightly. Brush tops and sides evenly with melted butter. Tear 1 phyllo sheet into strips, and layer strips onto buttered mummy, leaving a small slit for pimiento eyes. Repeat procedure with remaining prepared cheese sticks, ham, phyllo, and butter. Place on prepared baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Place pimentos for eyes on mummy. Serve immediately.
- To keep sheets of phyllo from drying out while working, keep unused sheets covered with a damp towel.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/