These Ham and Broccoli Pizza Pockets are tasty and easy to make.
Ham and Broccoli Pizza Pockets
Makes 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- ¾ cup chopped broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 2 (8-ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dough sheets
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- Dried Italian seasoning
- Easy Pizza Sauce (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add ham, broccoli, and green onion; cook, stirring constantly, until broccoli turns bright green. Remove from heat; stir in pimientos.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of dough, and cut into 4 equal portions. Spoon ham mixture onto center of each portion. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon water. Brush egg wash onto edges of dough. On a lightly floured surface, roll out remaining dough, and cut into 4 equal portions. Place dough over filling, pressing edges with a fork to seal. Brush tops with egg wash, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Immediately remove from pan. Serve warm with Easy Pizza Sauce.
Easy Pizza Sauce
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- In the container of a blender, place all ingredients; blend until well combined and smooth. Use in any recipe that calls for pizza sauce.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!