These gumdrop cookies are chewy and not too sweet.
Makes about 4 1/2 dozen
Write a review
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups gumdrops, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with a mixer at medium speed until creamy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in oats and gumdrops. Scoop dough into 1-inch balls, and place 2 inches apart on prepared pans.
- Bake until lightly browned, 9 to 11 minutes. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Use kitchen scissors to snip gumdrops into small pieces.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/