Grits, Gouda, Bacon, and Corn Bake
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 10 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups quick-cooking grits (not instant)
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- ½ cup minced green onion
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Garnish: sliced green onion
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and corn over medium heat, stirring frequently, until bacon is crisp. Let drain on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, bring broth and salt to a boil over medium-high heat. Slowly whisk in grits, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream, and remove from heat. Stir in cheese, green onion, and cooked bacon and corn until melted. Slowly stir in eggs until combined, and pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until top is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with green onion, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/