What could be better than an ooey-gooey dip filled with Southern favorites like grits and bacon?
Grits and Bacon Dip
Makes about 6 cups
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package fontina cheese, shredded
- 1 pound bacon, chopped and cooked
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Slowly whisk in grits. Reduce heat, and simmer, whisking constantly, until very thick, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in cream cheese and fontina until melted. Stir in half of bacon, mayonnaise, sour cream, and green onion. Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Top with remaining bacon.
- Bake until heated through, about 30 minutes.
Kitchen Tip: To make ahead, prepare dip through step 3; cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. To serve, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes; uncover and bake as directed.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!