Add this pretty and delicious Grilled Shrimp Cocktail with Tomato-Corn Relish to your next big event.
Grilled Shrimp Cocktail with Tomato–Corn Relish
Makes 6 servings
- 1 small ear fresh corn, shucked
- 1 pound large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups chopped seeded beefsteak or other heirloom tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- ½ cup minced red onion
- ¼ cup minced seeded jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Grill corn until lightly browned, about to 2 minutes per side. Remove from pan, and let cool. In a large bowl, toss together shrimp, 1 tablespoon oil, ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper, and paprika. Grill shrimp until pink and firm, about 2 minutes per side.
- Cut kernels off corn. In a large bowl, stir together corn, tomato, all remaining ingredients, remaining 3 tablespoons oil, and remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve immediately with shrimp.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!