Grilled Serrano and Manchego Sandwiches
Write a review
- ½ cup fig preserves
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 8 thick slices sourdough bread
- 2 (4-ounce) packages sliced Serrano ham
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
- 1 (8-ounce) package Manchego cheese, sliced
- 2 cups fresh baby arugula
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- In a small bowl, stir together preserves and mayonnaise.
- Spread 2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture onto one side of each bread slice. Layer ham, red peppers, cheese, and arugula onto 4 bread slices, and top, mayonnaise side down, with remaining slices.
- In a large skillet, melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add 2 sandwiches, and cook until bread is toasted and cheese is melted, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from skillet, and keep warm. Repeat with remaining butter and sandwiches. Serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/