This fun twist on grits and greens is perfect with these polenta rounds.
Grilled Polenta Rounds with Swiss Chard
Makes 6 servings
Write a review
- 3 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dry polenta (not instant)
- ½ (4-ounce) package prosciutto, chopped
- 3 bunches Swiss chard, stems discarded and leaves chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
- In medium saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil over medium-high heat. Whisk in polenta; reduce heat to simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until polenta is very thick. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread polenta into pan, and chill 2 hours or until firm.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook prosciutto over medium heat for about 6 minutes or until nearly crisp. Add chard and garlic, and cook for 10 minutes or until wilted. Sprinkle with flour, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth and vinegar; cook for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat. Cut 12 (2½-inch) rounds from polenta. Spray both sides of polenta rounds with nonstick cooking spray. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until browned and heated through. Serve polenta rounds topped with chard mixture and Parmesan.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/