This yummy Grilled Peach and Tomato Salad celebrates the best of summer produce.
Grilled Peach and Tomato Salad
Makes 6 servings
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups blanched fresh lady peas
- 4 large fresh peaches, peeled, pitted, and quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large fresh tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup halved assorted cherry or small heirloom tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ⅓ cup sliced red onion
- In a medium bowl, whisk together canola oil, lemon zest and juice, shallot, vinegar, Dijon, honey, salt, and pepper; stir in peas. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Brush peaches with olive oil, and cook until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- On a serving platter, arrange grilled peaches, all tomatoes, basil, and onion; top with pea mixture. Serve immediately.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!