A bright, herb-packed Chimichurri Sauce adds extra flavor to grilled flank steak creating a crave-worthy meal you’ll want time and time again.
Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1½ pounds flank steak
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Chimichurri Sauce (recipe follows)
- Let steak stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, pepper, dry mustard, and cumin. Generously sprinkle mixture all over steak; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat; spray pan with cooking spray. Add steak, and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers at least 130° to 135°, 5 to 7 minutes per side, or to desired degree of doneness. Let stand for 10 minutes; slice steak against the grain. Serve with Chimichurri Sauce.
Serves: 3⁄4 cup
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Cover and let stand at room temperature for at least 15 minutes before serving.