These Grilled Feta-Stuffed Figs are wonderful served alongside pork, chicken, or beef.
Grilled Feta-Stuffed Figs
Makes 6 servings
Write a review
- 6 wooden or metal skewers
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 18 large fresh figs, stems removed
- 3 ounces crumbled feta cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- Garnish: fresh oregano sprigs
- If using wooden skewers, soak skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together butter and honey.
- Spray grill rack with nonstick nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium heat (300° to 350°).
- Cut a small slice from bottom of each fig. Using your little finger, make a small hole in each fig, pressing to form a pocket.
- In a bowl, stir together feta, olive oil, orange zest, and oregano until smooth. Using a small spoon, stuff each fig with about ¼ teaspoon feta cheese mixture.
- Thread 3 figs crosswise onto each skewer. Grill figs for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until heated and grill marks appear. Brush with honey-butter mixture. Garnish with oregano, if desired. Serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/