Fire up the grill this spring for these Grilled Artichokes with Bacon-Rosemary Dip.
Grilled Artichokes with Bacon-Rosemary Dip
Makes 12 servings
Write a review
- 6 medium artichokes
- 8 cups water
- 2 lemons, halved
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Trim artichoke stems, and remove outer 2 layers of leaves. Cut off ½ inch of top of artichokes.
- In a large Dutch oven, bring 8 cups water and lemons to a boil over medium-high heat. Add 3 artichokes, and cook for 7 minutes. Remove artichokes with a slotted spoon, and turn upside down to drain and cool. Repeat with remaining artichokes. Cut artichokes in half lengthwise, and remove fuzzy centers with a spoon.
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Let drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon.
- In a small bowl, stir together bacon, bacon drippings, mayonnaise, sour cream, and rosemary. Cover and refrigerate.
- Spray a grill pan with nonstick cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Place artichoke halves cut side down on grill pan, and cook for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve artichokes with bacon mixture.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/