This Green Beans with Shallots, Apple Cider, and Bacon is light, simple, and delectable.
Green Beans with Shallots, Apple Cider, and Bacon
Makes 6 servings
Write a review
- 2 quarts water
- 1½ teaspoons salt, divided
- 1¼ pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 slices applewood-smoked bacon
- ½ cup chopped shallots (about 4 medium shallots)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup unfiltered apple cider
- ½ cup unsalted chicken stock*
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a Dutch oven, combine 2 quarts water and 1 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Add beans; cook 8 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon from pan, and drain on paper towels. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon drippings in skillet. Add shallots and garlic; cook 2 minutes or until tender. Slowly add apple cider and chicken stock. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook 2 minutes or until mixture has reduced to ⅔ cup. Add beans; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Crumble bacon; sprinkle bacon, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, parsley, and black pepper over beans.
- *We used Kitchen Basics unsalted chicken stock.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!