Add this delicious Green Beans with Creamy Herb Sauce recipe to your spring meals.
Green Beans with Creamy Herb Sauce
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- ½ ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- ½ cup whole buttermilk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (8-ounce) packages fresh French green beans, trimmed
- Garnish: fresh dill
- In the container of a blender, process together avocado, buttermilk, sour cream, lemon zest and juice, tarragon, parsley, basil, dill, chives, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Bring a large pot of water and remaining 1 tablespoon salt to a boil over medium-high heat; add green beans. When water returns to a boil, immediately drain beans, and transfer to an ice water bath to stop the cooking process; drain well. Serve green beans immediately with herb sauce. Garnish with dill, if desired.
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!