This Green Bean Casserole is full of so much flavor! It is perfect for your next potluck gathering or family supper.
Green Bean Casserole
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- ½ cup butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (28-ounce) cans French-style green beans, drained
- 2 cups french-fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 2½-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook for about 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Stir in flour, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until mixture thickens. Stir in sour cream, cheese, salt, pepper, and green beans. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle evenly with french-fried onions, and bake for 15 minutes longer, or until hot and bubbly.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!