This Green Bean and Bell Pepper Sauté is a refreshing and tasty side dish.
Green Bean and Bell Pepper Sauté
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1½ pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups water
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, bring beans and 2 cups water to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain beans, and pat dry.
- Melt butter with oil in skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper, and cook for 2 minutes. Add shallot and garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Add beans, salt, and pepper; cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!