Looking for a quick snack or flavorful breakfast? Try this Greek Yogurt complete with a Honey-Fig Swirl you won’t be able to keep your spoon out of!
Greek Yogurt with Honey-Fig Swirl
makes 6 servings
- ½ pound fresh figs, stems removed and chopped
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 (16-ounce) containers plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- In a large saucepan, place figs, honey, ¼ cup water, sugar, and lemon juice; stir well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until a thick syrup forms and figs are very soft. Remove from heat, and cool.
- In the container of a blender, process fig mixture until smooth.
- Spoon yogurt into 6 serving bowls; top with fig mixture. Gently swirl fig mixture through yogurt with a knife. Sprinkle with pine nuts and almonds. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.