Enjoy this simple and delicious Greek Chicken Pasta Salad any time of the year.
Grilled Greek Chicken Pasta Salad
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds chicken breast cutlets
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, mustard, salt, onion powder, basil, and pepper until well combined. Add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Let chicken stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Drain chicken, discarding marinade.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Grill chicken until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 165°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Greek Chicken Pasta Salad
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ (16-ounce) box whole-wheat pasta shells, cooked according to package directions
- 1 (8-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained well and quartered
- 1 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced English cucumber
- 1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 (5-ounce) containers spring salad mix
- Grilled Greek Chicken, sliced (recipe precedes)
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegars, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir in cooked pasta, artichokes, feta, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, and onion.
- Arrange lettuce on a serving platter, and top with pasta mixture and Grilled Greek Chicken. Serve immediately.
Get more great traditional Southern recipes and more by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!