This delicious Greek Chicken Casserole can be made with reduced-fat feta cheese rather regular feta to cut some calories without sacrificing flavor.
Greek Chicken Casserole
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (1-pound) package boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 (3.5-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1½ teaspoons dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat; add chicken, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until browned. Add bell pepper and onion; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Stir in olives, oregano, basil, and red pepper, tossing gently to coat. Add broth and tomato paste; cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until combined. Stir in rice and Parmesan cheese. Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Sprinkle evenly with feta cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/