Your family will enjoy this delightful Grapefruit Tart. It is full of flavor from brown sugar, Ruby Red grapefruit, and pink grapefruit.
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 (¼-ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 1½ cups plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 Ruby Red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pie crusts, and stack on top of each other. Roll to an 11-inch circle, and press into a 9-inch removable-bottom tart pan. Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin and 2 tablespoons cold water; let stand for 5 minutes or until softened. In a small saucepan, heat half-and-half over medium heat. When bubbles begin to form around edge of pan, remove from heat and whisk in gelatin mixture until dissolved.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, next 2 ingredients, and half-and-half mixture until combined. Pour filling into tart shell; cover and chill for 2 hours or until set. Top with grapefruit sections just before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/