This Grapefruit, Arugula, and Glazed Pecan Salad is a healthy and tasty option to amp up the nutritional value of a family meal.
Grapefruit, Arugula, and Glazed Pecan Salad
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 grapefruits
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 (5-ounce) containers baby arugula
- ⅔ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup chopped glazed pecans*
- In a small skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add shallot, and cook for 10 minutes or until shallots are very tender. Remove from heat, and cool to room temperature.
- Peel grapefruits. Holding grapefruits in the palm of your hand and working over a large glass measuring cup to catch juice, slice between membranes, and gently remove whole segments. Set aside segments. Remove and discard any seeds. Squeeze membranes into cup to measure ¼ cup juice.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cooked shallots, ¼ cup grapefruit juice, vinegar, mustard, salt, and cardamom. Whisk in remaining 4 tablespoons oil in a slow, steady stream until thoroughly combined. (Store dressing in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 days.)
- Divide arugula evenly among salad plates. Top each with re-served grapefruit sections, feta, and pecans. Drizzle with dressing.
- *We used Diamond of California Glazed Pecans.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/