Greet the morning sun with these Gooey Sunshine Rolls.
Gooey Sunshine Rolls
Makes 8 servings
Write a review
- 3 medium oranges, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 (1-pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed according to package directions
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together orange juice and raisins; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 16x10-inch rectangle. Spread softened butter onto dough, and sprinkle brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon, and half of zest onto dough. Drain raisins, reserving juice; sprinkle raisins over dough.
- Starting at one long side, tightly roll up dough, jelly roll style. Moisten dough edge with water, and seal. Cut roll into 2-inch-thick slices, and place on prepared pan, letting slices touch.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add confectioners’ sugar to another small bowl, and whisk in just enough reserved orange juice, 1 tablespoon at a time, to make a thick but drizzly icing. Stir in remaining orange zest, and drizzle icing over warm rolls. Serve immediately.
- If the bread dough is springing back when you're trying to roll it out, let the dough stand at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes before rolling again.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!